How to use peak flow meter
1. Stand or sit up straight, but be consistent in your position each time you use the peak flow meter
2. Start with the red marker at the very bottom of the peak flow meter
3. Take a large deep breath, inflating your lungs entirely
4. Place your mouth completely over the mouthpiece of the meter, form a seal with your lips around the mouthpiece
5. Blow air out into the meter with as much power as you can, in one single breath out.
6. Look at the number where the red marker was able to reach, write that number down.
7. At the end of the process, place the red marker back down to the bottom of the peak flow meter.
8. Repeat three times
9. The highest number that was reached is the daily peak flow.
10. Track your daily peak flow along with any symptoms you may be having that day.